SSC CGL Study Notes: History - Revolutionary Activity During The Indian National Movement
Submitted by root on Fri, 08/11/2017 - 15:17
Revolutionary Activity During The Indian National Movement
1. Murder of W. C. Rand and Lt. Ayerst by Chapekar brother at Poona in 1897.
2. Formation of the India House in London (1905) by Shyamji Krishna Verma and V. D. Savarkar.
3. Establishment of the India House in Newyork by Barkatullah and S. L. Joshi.
4. Attempted murder of Lt. Governor Fuller of East Bengal by Barindra Kumar Ghosh and Bhupendranath Dutta in 1906.
5. The Kennedy murder in 1908, in which two English ladies were killed when Khudi Ram Bose attempted to kill Magistrate Kingsford of Muzaffarabad who escaped unhurt.
6. Madan Lal Dhingra murdered Curzon-Willie, an official in the British India Office at London.
7. Attempted assassination of Lord Hardinge when he was approaching Delhi in 1912. Rash Bihari Bose and Sachin Chandra Sanyal missed their target.
8. Formation of the Berlin Committee in Germany (1914) by Virendranath Chattopadhyay, Dr Avinash Chandra Bhattacharya and other prominent activists who formed the Anushilan and Yugantar groups in India.
9. ‘Bagha Jatin’, Jatin Mukherji, carried out the Plan of Bengal in 1915, which aimed at disrupting the rail and communication network in Bengal and seizing Fort William. The plan failed because of the lack of coordination and the death of ‘Bagha Jatin’ in 1915.
Formation of the Indian Independence Committee in 1915 under the Zimmerman Plan organized by the German officials at Berlin. The committee included Virendranath Chattopadhyay, Lala Har Dayal and Bhupendranath Dutta.
10. Appointment of the Provisional Government of Free India with Raja Mahendra Pratap as the President and Barkatullah as the Prime Minister, with support from Germany, Afghanistan and the Sultan of Turkey. However, the Czar of Russia did not approve of the government because of the defeat of Germany in the World War.
11. In 1915, revolutionaries looted a train which carried government cash at a place called Kakori (between Lucknow and Shahjahanpur). The involved activists were arrested and sentenced to death by the British. Among them were Bhupendra Sanyal, S. N. Biswas, Ashfaqullah Khan and Thakur Singh.
12. Chandrashekar Azad joined hands with Bhagat Singh and formed the Hindustan Socialist Republican Party in 1928. It had two faces – the public face headed by Bhagat Singh, and a secret face, called Hindustan Socialist Republic Army, headed by Azad. It was the first organization which envisioned free India to be secular. Its activists took note of the changing political structure of the nation.
13. Bhagat Singh, Azad and Rajguru avenged the death of Lala Lajpat Rai by killing General Saunders in 1928.
14. Bombing in the Central Legislative Assembly by Bhagat Singh and his associates in 1929.
15. Attempted bombing of the train in which Lord Irwin and his family were travelling in 1929 at Delhi.
16. Issuing of an independence proclamation in the name of Indian Republic Army under the leadership of Surya Sen in 1930, when revolutionaries captured the Chittagong Armoury. Surya Sen was arrested in 1933, and executed.
17. Execution of Bhagat Singh, Rajguru and Sukhdev on 23 March 1931, and the death of Chandrashekar Azad in a shooting episode in Allahabad 1931.
18. Assassination of the magistrate of Tippera in Bengal, by the school, going girl Shanti and Suniti in 1932.
19. Formation of the Indian Independence League by Ras Bihari Bose in 1942, in Japan.
Formation of the All India Central Revolutionary Committee in Russia by M. N. Roy and other activists.
20. Other Prominent Revolutionaries who Operated Outside India – P. M. Bapat(Also known as senapati); Madam Bhikaji Cama, a Parsee lady who was connected with the Paris Indian Society established by S. R. Rana under the inspiration of Shyamji Krishna Verma, who unfurled the first tricolor flag at the International Socialist Congress (Germany), designed by Hem Chand Das in 1907;
NOTE: Check Your Email After Subscribing and Click of Activation Link to Confirm Subscription.