Mock Tests For SSC Multi-Tasking Staff (Non Technical) Exam
101. The most important uranium mine of India is located at
102. Parliamentary forni of Government is also known as:
(a) Responsive Government
(b) Responsible Government
(c) Federal Government
(d) Presidential Government
103. The chief advocate of Fascism was
(b) Adolf Hitler
(c) St. Simon
(d) Robert Owen
104. The minimum age of the member of Rajya Sabha is
(a) 25 years
(b) 21 years
(c) 30 years
(d) 35 years
105. Mahatma Gandhi got his inspiration for Civil Disobedience from
106. India is considered as a ‘Republic’ Mainly because
(a) the head of the State is elected.
(b) it gained independence on 15th August 1947
(c) it has its own written constitution
(d) it is having a Parliamentary form of Government.
107. The first Indian selected for Indian Civil Service was
(a) Surendra Nath Banerji
(b) Sarojini Naidu
(c) Lala Lajpat Rai
(d) C. R. Das
108. One feature is common to the following bodies. Find it out. Supreme Court, Election Commission, UPSC, Office of CAG
(a) They are advisory bodies.
(b) They are extra constitutional bodies
(c) They are controlled by legislature.
(d) They are constitutional bodies.
109. How many members of the State Legislative Council are elected by the Assembly ?
(a)1/6th of the members
(b) 1/3rd of the members
(c) 1/12th of the members
(d) 5/6th of the members
110. Girish Karnad is
(a) a well known playwright and actor.
(b) a recipient of Gnanpith Award
(c) the President of the Film and Television Institute of Indian Society.
(d) all the above.
111. Nine time Wimbledon Champion of Women’s Singles Match in Tennis is
(a) Mary Joe Fernandaz
(b) Jana Novotna
(c) Iva Majoli
(d) Martina Navrotilova
112. The book “The God of small things” is written by
(a) Pupul Jayakar
(b) Sobha De
(c) Shekhar Kapoor
(d) Arundhati Roy
113. Which of the following states is called Tiger State’ of India?
(a) Himachal Pradesh
(c) Madhya Pradesh
114. The district Primary Education Programme-a Centrally Sponsored Programme in India is supported by
(a) International Monetary Fund
(b) World Bank
(d) Japanese Government
115. ‘Na Khatam Honewali Kahani’ (The never ending story) is an autobiography of
(a) T.N. Seshan
(b) Amitabh Bachchan
(c) Sonia Gandhi
(d) V.P. Singh
116. From where was India’s multipurpose telecommunication satellite INSAT-2 E launched?
117. Antyodaya Programme is associated with
(a) liberation of bonded labour
(b) bringing up cultural revolution in India
(c) demands of textile labourers
(d) upliftment of the poorest of the poor
118. A few years ago an Indian city celebrated its 400th birthday. It is
119. The General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade was replaced by
(a) North American Free Trade Association
(b) South Asian Free Trade
(c) World Trade Organisation
(d) None of these
120. Which statement on the Harappan Civilisation is correct?
(a) Horse sacrifice was known to them.
(b) Cow was sacred to them.
(c) Pashupati was venerated by them.
(d) The culture was not generally static.
121. The First Tirthankara of the Jams was
122. The great silk route to the Indians was opened by:
123. The capital of the Yadava rulers was
144. Which religious sect did the Chola Kings patronise ?
125. Tower of Victory (Vijaya Stambh) is located at
(d) Fatehpur Sikri
126. In India the largest public undertaking is -
(a) Air India
(b) Indian Railways
127. Who was the advocate at the famous INA Trials?
(a) Bhulabhai Desai
(b) Asaf Ali
(c) Subhash Chandra Bose
(d) C. Rajagopalachari
128. Punjab National Bank has been honoured with the Golden Peacock Award 2002 for excellence in
(a) agricultural finance
(b) rural industrialisation
(c) housing development
(d) corporate excellence
129. Who was the Chairman of the Drafting Committee of the Constitution ?
(a) J. B. Kripalani
(b) Rajendra Prasad
(c) J. L. Nehru
(d) B. R. Ambedkar
130. Which year did Bankim Chandra Chatopadhyay write Anandmath ?
(d) None of these
131. The Governor-General of India who initiated the introduction of English in India was
(a) Lord Curzon
(b) Lord Macaulay
(c) Lord Bentinck
(d) Lord Hastings
132. Who is the winner of the Australian Open Women’s Singles Championship-2005 ?
(a) Serena Williams
(b) Sania Mirza
(c) Maria Sarapova
(d) Lindsay Davenport
133. Monoculture is a typical characteristic of
(a) shifting cultivation
(b) subsistence farming
(c) specialised horticulture
(d) commercial grain farming
134. Mountain soil contains a lot of
(c) coase material
(d) iron and aluminium salt
135. Metamorphic rocks originate from
(a) igneous rocks
(b) sedimentary rocks
(c) both igneous and sedimentary rocks
(d) None of these
136. The term ‘epicentre’ is associated with
(d) earth’s interior
137. India is a republic because
(a) it is democratic country
(b) It is a parliamentary democracy
(c) the head of the state is elected for a definite period
(d) All of these
138. Blizzards are characteristic lea lures of
(a) equatorial region
(b) tropical region
(c) Antarctic region
(d) temperate region
139. Which is the shortest route from Moscow to San Francisco ?
(a) via Canada
(c) Over the South Pole
(d) Over the North Pole
140. Which one of the following is/ are wrongly matched ?
A. typhoons - China Sea
B. hurricanes - India Ocean
C. cyclone - West Indies
D. tornadoes - Australia
(a) A, B and C
(b) A, B and D
(c) A, C and D
(d) B, C and D
141. Echo sounding is the technique applied to
(a) measure the depth of the sea
(b) measure the amplitude of sound waves
(c) record earthquake waves
(d) record the density of air in the atmosphere
142. Of which major river system is the Sutlej a part?
143. Rajasthan reveives very little rain because
(a) it is too hot
(b) there is no water available and thus the winds remain dry
(c) the monsoon fails to reach this area
(d) the winds do not come across any barriers to cause the necessary uplift to cool the wind
144. Which State has the largest proportion of its net irrigation area under well irrigation ?
(d) West Bengal
145. Which Government agency is responsible for the mapping and exploration of minerals in India ?
(a) Survey of India
(b) Geological Survey of India
(c) Minerals Development Corporation
(d) School of Mines
146. The largest number of cotton textile mills is in
(c) Tamil Nadu
147. Where are MIG engines assembled ?
148. Which cities were first connected by the STD services?
(a) Delhi and Mumhal
(b) Delhi and Kolkata
(c) Kanpur and Delhi
(d) Kanpur and Lucknow
149. Which part of the Himalayas has the maximum stretch from east to West ?
(a) Kumaun Himalayas
(b) Assam Himalayas
(c) Punjab Himalayas
(d) Nepal Himalayas
150. The standard time of a country differs from the GMT in multiples of
(a) Two hours
(b) One hour
(c) Half hour
(d) Four minutes