General Awareness Mock Tests For SSC Multi-Tasking Staff Non-Technical Exam - 2018 (SET-3)
Submitted by root on Wed, 12/06/2017 - 17:17
Mock Tests For SSC Multi-Tasking Staff (Non Technical) Exam
101. Pope Benedict XVI who has been elected recently is the
(a) 250th Pope
(b) 260th Pope
(c) 265th Pope
(d) 270th Pope
102. Who among the following has been awarded the Pravasi Bharatiya Samman for his outstanding achievement in their field and fostering.understanding of India abroad ?
(a) Vikram Seth
(b) Ms. Indira Nooyi
(c) Laxmi Mittal
(d) Sunil Mittal
103. According to AT Kearney Inc, which country is the hottest destination for foreign direct investment?
104. The country with which India has decided to exchange its border maps is:
105. Per Capita income is maximum in which of the following states in India?
(a) Himachal Pradesh
106. The author of the book “Environmental Jurispru-dence” is:
(a) Justice Y.V. Chandrachud
(b) Justice Ashok A. Desai
(c) Justice A. K. Sood
(d) Justice Prem Nagar
107. Which one of the following is true regarding plant cells and animal cells ?
(a) Plant cells contain chloroplast while animal cells do
(b) Plant cells are small while animal cells are large in size
(c) Plant cells contain nucleus while animal cells do not
(d) Plant cells and animal cells are similar in all respects
108. The Balwant Rai Mehta Committee was associated with
(a) Industrial Policy
(b) Banking Reforms
(c) Panchayati Raj
(d) Centre-State relations
109. The blood cholesterol level in 100 ml of blood in a normal person varies between
(a) 150 and 200 mg
(b) 120 and 200 mg
(c) 100 and 180 mg
(d) 80 and 160 mg
110. What is the name of the electronic communication network of the Reserve Bank of India ?
111. Heat resistant variety of glass is
(a) Pyrex glass
(b) Hard glass
(c) Flint glass
(d) None of these
112. Which of the following is correctly matched ?
(a) “Do or die” - Jawahar Lal Nehru
(b) “Dilli Chalo” - Mahatma Gandhi
(c) “Jai Jawan Jai Kisan” Lal Bahadur Shastri
(d) “Swaraj is my birthright”-Swami Dayanand
113. Pope John Paul II who died recently belonged from
(a) Vatican City
114. Silk is obtained from
(a) Mulberry tree
(b) Saliva of the silk worm
(c) Larvae of silk worm
(d) Cocoon of silk worm
115. The body temperature is regulated by
(a) Pituitory gland
(c) Pineal gland
(d) Thyroid gland
116. Among the following iron ores, the highest percentage of iron content is found in
(d) None of these
117. A country’s balance of trade is unfavourable when -
(a) exports exceed imports
(b) imports exceed exports
(c) terms of trade become unfavourable
(d) None of these
118. Pasteurisation of milk mean
(a) heating of milk to above 72°C
(b) heating of milk to above 62°C
(c) cooling of milk to about 62°C
(d) cooling of milk to about 10°C
119. The highest mountain peak of the Himalayas is situated in
120. Goa was captured by the Portuguese in the year
121. The light from the Sun reaches the Earth in about
(a) 8 seconds
(b) 8 minute
(c) 10 seconds
(d) 10 miutes
122. The data collection for national income estimation is conducted in India by
(a) The Finance Ministry of the Government of India
(b) The RBI
(c) The NSSO (National Sample Survey Organisation)
(d) None of these
123. Which of the following statements best explains the nature of revolt of 1857 ?
(a) The last effort of the old political order to regain
(b) Mutiny of a section of sepoys of the British Army
(c) A struggle of the common people to overthrow common rule
(d) An effort to establish a limited Indian nation
124. Match the following
A. Brahmo Samaj 1. Bombay
B. Veda Samaj 2. Bengal
C. Arya Samaj 3. Madras
D. Prarthana 4. North India Samaj
A B C D
(a) 1 3 2 4
(b) 3 2 4 1
(c) 2 4 1 3
(d) 2 3 4 1
125. Land Revenue under Tipu
(a) was mainly collected through revenue officers.
(b) was mainly collected by Government officials appointed by Tipu
(c) was collected by intermediaries
(d) was not allowed to go into the hands of Sultan
126. Who amongst the following leaders of “1857” was the first to lay down his/her life?
(a) Kunwar Singh
(b) Tantiya Tope
(c) Rani Laxmi Bai of Jhansi
(d) Mangal Pandey
127. The system of communal electorate in India was first introduced by
(a) Indian Council Act of 1892.
(b) Minto-Morley reforms of 1909
(c) Montagu-Chelmsford reforms of 1919
(d) Government of India of 1935
128. Which of the following is not a necessary condition for the development of India ?
(a) Capital Accumulation
(b) Resource discovery
(c) Population growth
(d) Technological development
129. Personal disposable income is
(a) always equal to personal income.
(b) always more than personal income.
(c) equal to personal income minus direct taxes paid by household.
(d) equal to personal income minus indirect taxes.
130. Which of the following most closely approximates our definition of oligopoly ?
(a) The cigarette industry.
(b) The barber shops
(c) The gasoline stations
(d) Wheat farmers
131. Who said ‘Supply creates its own demand’?
(a) Adam Smith
132. The Indian economy can be most appropriately described as a:
(a) Capitalist economy
(b) Socialist economy
(c) Traditional economy
(d) Mixed economy
133. Agricultural Technology is hard to spread because
(a) it has to be adopted to local ‘ conditions.
(b) rural people are not receptive
(c) farmers are afraid to experiment on land for fear of failure.
(d) all of the above.
134. Indirect tax means
(a) there is not direct relationship between the tax payer
and the government.
(b) direct relationship between tax payer and the government.
(c) tax base is income
(d) the incidence and impact are on the same person on whom tax is imposed.
135. One of the essential conditions of perfect competition is
(a) product differentiation
(b) multiplicity of prices for identical products at any one time.
(c) many sellers and a few buyers.
(d) Only one price for identical goods at any one time.
136. Dehydration in human body is caused due to the loss of
137. Which of the following is the largest living bird?
138. In the case of test tube babies
(a) egg is fertilized in the uterus.
(b) embryo completes its development in a test tube.
(c) embryo is placed in uterus after 2 months.
(d) egg is fertilized outside mother’s body.
139. The age of trees is determined by its
(c) growth rings
(d) general appearance
140. Kidney disease in man is caused by the pollutant
141. Fruits of this plant are found underground
142. A rare and endangered animal in Silent Valley is
(a) Musk deer
(c) Liontailed macaque
143. A boat will submerge when it displaces water equal to its own :
(c) surface area
144. The asteroids revolve round the Sun in between
(a) Earth and Mars
(b) Mars and Jupiter
(c) Jupiter and Saturn
(d) Saturn and Uranus
145. The Suez Canal connects
(a) Mediterranean and Red seas.
(b) Baltic and Caspian Seas.
(c) Mediterranean and North Seas.
(d) Red Sea and Caspian Sea.
146. Khasi and Garo Tribes mainly live in
147. Which one of the following areas is noted for mangrove vegetation ?
(a) Lava forest of Kalimpong.
(b) Sajnekhali forest of South 24 Parganas.
(c) Dandakaranya forest of Orissa
(d) Carbet National Park of U.P.
148. Extensive deserts occur in the western tropical regions of continents because
(a) of easterly trade winds.
(b) cold ocean currents flow along the western coasts.
(c) of the effect of both the offshore easterly trade winds and cold ocean currents.
(d) the rate of evaporation is greater along the western margin areas.
149. The sea bed sloping gradually and bordering the continent is known as
(b) Continental Shelf.
(c) Continental Platform.
(d) Continental Slope.
150. Match list I with list II and find out the correct answer from the code below the Lists.
List I (Cottage Industrial Products)
(a) Silk Saree
List II (Producing Centres)
(d) Lucknow Code
a b c d
(a) 1 2 3 4
(b) 3 4 2 1
(c) 4 3 1 2
(d) 2 1 4 3