General Awareness Mock Tests For SSC Multi-Tasking Staff Non-Technical Exam - 2018 (SET-1)
Submitted by root on Wed, 12/06/2017 - 17:15
Mock Tests For SSC Multi-Tasking Staff (Non Technical) Exam
101. What was the exact constitutional position of the Indian Republic when the Constitution was brought into force with effect from 26th January, 1950?
(a) A Democratic Republic
(b) A Sovereign Democratic Republic
(c) A Sovereign Secular Democratic Republic
(d) A Sovereign Secular Socialist Democratic Republic
102. Fabianism is closely related to:
(b) Scientific socialism
(c) Democratic socialism
103. A federal structure for India was first put forward by the
(a) Act of 1909
(b) Act of 1919
(c) Act of 1935
(d) Act of 1947
104. Which Writ is issued by a High Court or the Supreme Court to compel an authority, to perform a function that it was not performing?
(a) Writ of Certiorari
(b) Writ of Habeas Corpus
(c) Writ of Mandamus
(d) Writ of Quo Warranto
105. In case of a disagreement between the two Houses of Parliament over a non-money bill
(a) the bill will lapse
(b) the President may sign it into a law
(c) the President may call a joint sitting of both the Houses to consider it.
(d) the President may ask both the Houses to reconsider it.
106. Commercial nitric acid is coloured because it contains dissolved
(b) Nitrous oxide
(c) Nitrogen dioxide
(d) Coloured impurities
107. Fertiliser having high nitrogen content is
(b) Ammonium sulphate
(c) Ammonium nitrate
(d) Calcium citrate
108. Quantity of fresh air required for a man is
(a) 1000 cubic feet of air for every 20 minutes
(b) 1000 cubic feet of air for every 20 seconds
(c) 1000 cubic feet of air for every 10 minutes
(d) 1000 cubic feet of air for every 10 seconds
109. A compact disc (CD) is a data storage system of the type
(d) Electro mechanical
110. Surface tension in a liquid is due to
(a) Adhesive force between molecules
(b) Cohesive force between molecules
(c) Gravitational force between molecules
(d) Electrical force between molecules.
111. A circular plate, a cube and a sphere, all made up of same material and having the same mass, are heated to 300°C and left in a room. Which of them will have the slowest rate of cooling
(a) Circular plate
(d) All will cool at the same rate
112. Where does the oxygen that keeps us alive come from?
(a) Carbon dioxide
(b) Carbonates absorbed from soil
(c) Oxides of minerals
113. Reserpine is used to
(a) reduce high blood pressure
(b) increase blood pressure when it is low
(c) alleviate pain
(d) cure arthritis
114. ‘ELISA’ test is employed to diagnose:
(a) Polio virus
(b) AIDS antibodies
(c) Tuberculosis bacterium
115. Why excessive heating and repeated use of cooking oil is most undesirable?
(a) The oil vapours can cause indoor pollution
(b) Carcinogenic substances like benzpyrene are produced
(c) Nutrient value of food is lost
(d) Loss and wastage of oil
116. The gas used for artificial fruit ripening of green fruit is -
117. Optic fibres are used in
(a) CAT scans
(b) X-ray photos
(c) Ultrasound scans
118. The three elements most needed in common fertilisers are
(a) Sulphur, Phosphorous and Sodium
(b) Nitrogen, Potassium and Phosphorous
(c) Phosphorous, Sodium and Nitrogen
(d) Calcium, Phosphorous and Potassium
119. What was the ultimate goal of Mahatma Gandhi’s Salt Satyagraha?
(a) repeal of Salt Satyagraha
(b) curtailment of the Government’s power
(c) economic relief to the common people
(d) ‘Purna Swaraj’ for India
120. Who persuaded the ratings of the RIN (Royal India Navy) to surrender on the 23rd February 1946?
(a) Mahatma Gandhi
(b) Jawaharlal Nehru and Maulana Abul Kalam Azad
(c) Vallabh Bhai Patel and M.A. Jinnah
(d) Morarji Desai and J.B. Kripalani
121. On September 20,.1932 Mahatma Gandhi began a fast unto death in Yervada Jail against
(a) British repression of the Satyagrahis.
(b) Violation of the GandhiIrwin Pact.
(c) Communal award of Ramsay MacDonald.
(d) Communal riots in Calcutta.
122. In 1939, for the first time, Gandhiji tried out his specific techniques of controlled mass struggle in a native state. He allowed a close associate of his to lead a satyagraha. Who was he?
(a) K. T. Bhashyam in Mysore
(b) Jamnalal Bajaj in Jaipur
(c) Vallabh Bhai Patel in Rajkot
(d) Nebakrushna Chaudhri in Dhenkanal
123. What is Obra known for?
(a) a new refinery
(b) a new aluminium plant
(c) a bird sanctuary
(d) a thermal power station
124. What is NABARD’s primary role?
(a) to provide term loans to state co-operative banks
(b) to assist state governments for share capital contribution
(c) to act as refinance institution
(d) All of the above
125. Where is the National Institute of Excellence in the field of Information Technology and Allied Sciences proposed to be set up?
126. A compact disc (CD) is a data storage system of the type
127. Tungsten is used for the manufacture of the filament of an electric bulb, because
(a) It is a good conductor
(b) It is economical
(c) It is malleable
(d) It has a very high melting point
128. What is the wavelength of visible spectrum ?
(a) 1300 A - 3000 A
(b) 3900 A - 7600 A
(c) 7800 A - 8000 A
(d) 8500 A - 9800 A
129. How was Burma (now Myanmar) known to ancient Indians ?
130. The ratio of pure gold in 18 carat gold is
131. Diamond is harder than graphite because of
(a) difference in layers of atoms
(b) tetrahedral structure of diamond
(c) difference of crystalline structures
(d) None of these
132. Gobar gas contains mainly
133. Which of the following elements is nonradioactive ?
134. Who invented Radar ?
(a) J. H. Van Tassel
(b) Wilhelm K. Roentgen
(c) P.T. Farnsworth
(d) A. H. Taylor & Leo C. Young
135. Who developed the concept ‘World Wide Web’?
(a) Tim Berners-Lee
(c) Arthur Clarke
(d) AT & T Bell La
136. Who scripted Gandhiji’s favorite song ‘Vaishnav Jan To ?
(a) Narsinh Mehta
137. Yamini Krishna Murthy is famous for which style of dancing ?
138. Identify the goodwill ambassador for the UNICEF from the following
(a) Amitabh Bachchan
(b) N.R. Narayana Murthy
(c) Vijay Amritraj
(d) Michael Schumacher
139. Whose autobiography is “My Life”?
(a) Nelson Mandela
(b) Bill Clinton
(c) Margaret Thatcher
(d) J.M. Lyngdoh
140. Which country won the Euro 2004 Football Championship ?
(b) Czech Republic
141. Who amongst the following is renowned in Hindustani Classical Music (vocal) ?
(a) Shovana Narayan
(b) M.S. Subbalakshmi
(c) Pt. Jasraj
(d) M.S. Gopalakrishnan
142. Who was awarded the Jawaharlal Nehru Award (a trophy, citation and Rs. 25 lakh) in 2004 ?
(a) Lee Kuan Yew
(b) Goh Chok Tong
(c) Aung San Suu Kyi
(d) Mahathir Mohamed
143. Which is the latest manufacturing units being set up by the Indian Railways ?
(a) Rail Coach Factory, Kapurthala
(b) Wheel Factory, Chapra
(c) Wheel and Axle Plant, Durgapur
(d) Rail Wheel Factory, Bangalore
144 Who amidst the following won the Nobel Prize in Science in two different disciplines ?
(a) Russell Hulse
(b) David Lee
(c) Madame Curie
(d) Paul Boyer
145. Which are the cities connected by “Sada-e- Sarhad” bus services?
(a) Aligarh : Amritsar
(b) Delhi : Lahore
(c) Suchetgarh : Sialkot
(d) Srinagar : Muzzaffarabad
146. Which of the following is true about the “World Intellectual Property Organisation” ?
(a) It protects the rights of the third world countries in
the field of global communication
(b) It protects the copyright materials in\ inventions, trademarks, literary works, etc.
(c) It promotes the collaboration among countries in the field of education, science and culture
(d) It helps the countries in the development of human resources
147. Who is the author of “Business m Speed of Thought” ?
(a) Dick Francis
(b) John Gray
(c) Bill Gates
(d) David Baldacci
148. Which of the following places is well-known for the embroidery formof “ Chikankari’ ?
149. Match the following Folk form
A. Heer song
B. Bhatiali song
C. Garba dance
D. Raas dance
States where popular
A B C D
(a) 1 2 3 4
(b) 1 3 2 4
(c) 2 1 4 3
(d) 2 3 4 1
150. Where is the oldest working refinery ?
STUDY MATERIAL & TEST SERIES FOR SSC CGL 2018
PLEASE NOTE: Check Your Email After Subscribing and Click on Activation Link to Confirm Subscription.